Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cheers to New Things.


So, I've been in beautiful Scotland about a week or so now-actually over a week. I spent my first few days in Edinburgh (the capitol) which was nice, but definitely touristy. Then I moved to Stirling. In my opinion it's nicer. But not the point. The point is, I don't have any photos from Edinburgh, but everyone was taking photographs like it was going out of style so if google doesn't suit you I can take care of it.

On one of our first days in Stirling we visited the Wallace Monument. (Note: If you don't know who William Wallace is, you're missing out. Go watch Braveheart.) It's pretty amazing, I can see the "Wally Molly" from my campus, it's maybe a mile away. And of course, Mel Gibson is at the base of the hill.


You have to climb a pretty steep hill to get to the base of the monument. My calves looked SWEET that day.

Willy's blade!

250 and some odd steps we made it to the top.

"The Crew" at the base.

"The Crew" at the top. It was windy.

REALLY windy.

The wind knocked me over. But the view was BEAUTIFUL.


I have a few more pictures of the cute ducks/wildlife here on campus and the DISGUSTING living conditions these Scots find acceptable but I'll upload them later.

Cheers. :)

1 comment:

David Galletly said...

Found this hunting for blogs and things from around here so, um, welcome to Stirling I guess.